Palomar Systems use specialized handpieces which filter light from different parts of the spectrum. Each band of the spectrum has a wavelength thatís is ideal for different treatments, such as sunspot removal and vessel clearance.
The Palomar Photofacial handpieces emit pulses of light into the skin. The light is absorbed by the pigment in sunspots and the blood in visible vessels, and converted to heat. The heat dissolves the cells and create the pigment and shrinks the vessels.
Pulsed light systems and lasers are very similar, but Palomar Pulsed Light Systems use a much larger treatment window than most lasers. This spreads light over a wider area of skin and allows faster coverage of the skin and quicker treatments as a result.
Any area, except directly around the eyes. The face, neck, chest, arms, back, and legs can all be treated.
Your treatment provider will move the handpiece over your skin, pulsing it all the while. Each pulse will send a beam of light through your skin. A flashing light, an audible tone, and a mild sensation on the skin will tell you when the handpiece is being pulsed.
• Immediately after treatment, you can expect a mild sunburn-like sensation, possibly accompanied by some minor swelling. This usually last 2-24 hours, and can be soothed with cold gel or ice packs.
• Sunspots/Sun Damage: The sunspots will darken after treatment and be naturally shed from the skin within 1-2 weeks
• Rosacea: Skin tone will be more normal, with less pronounced redness within a week after treatment.
• Spider Veins: Vessels may disappear after treatment or they may appear darker and then fully or partially fade within 10-14 days.
• Typically, several treatments will be necessary to achieve complete clearance of sunspots, rosacea, and vessels.